Watch Mel and Sue in Let’s Sing and Dance for Comic Relief trailer
The Let’s Sing and Dance for Comic Relief trailer has landed and it features Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins as Morris dancers.
The pair were previously announced as hosts for the new series, which is airing in aid of Red Nose Day fundraising.
The start date was officially confirmed yesterday: Saturday night, March 4 at 6.45pm.
The celebrities taking part and the song list were also unveiled earlier this month, and it looks like quite the line-up:
- Russell Grant: “Chain Reaction” by Diana Ross.
- Sally Lindsay: “Cum On Feel The Noize” by Slade.
- Sara Pascoe: “Chandelier” by Sia.
- Harriet Thorpe and Helen Lederer: “Dancing Queen” by ABBA.
- Casualty and Holby City stars Chizzy Akudolu, Tony Marshall and Amanda Henderson: “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars.
- The One Show reporters Angellica Bell, Iwan Thomas, Alex Riley, Michelle Ackerley and Dominic Littlewood will also be putting on a supergroup performance, the details of which are still to be confirmed.
The celebrity performers will take to the stage in front of a different panel of guest stars each week, including the likes of Jo Brand, Jason Manford, Paul O’Grady, Frank Skinner, Jennifer Saunders and Claudia Winkleman.
Previous years have seen some absolutely hilarious performances, with memorable routines from Robert Webb and Rufus Hound, who took on the iconic “Flashdance” and “Fight For This Love” choreography.
Creative Director of the charity, Charlotte Ashton, explained: “We hope that the celebrities doing their bit will encourage the nation to fundraise and donate to raise a life changing amount of money for people living the toughest lives in the UK and across Africa.”
Let’s Sing and Dance for Comic Relief will return Saturday 4th March at 6:45pm on BBC One.