10 reasons Family Guy is the best show ever
Following BBC Three’s departure from the airwaves two weeks ago, Family Guy has moved homes, taking up residence on Mondays at 9pm on ITV2. We wanted to welcome the show to its new home with a look back on why we love the Griffins so much.
Season 14 will premiere tonight in the UK with “Pilling Them Softly”, which sees Stewie put on Adderall to calm him down, and Quagmire getting his own cookery show.
The animated show from Seth MacFarlane has been airing since 1999 and is consistently ranked one of the greatest animated sitcoms of all time. Here’s why.
1. The news team from Quahog 5.
2. Consuela – head of the Maids’ Union and representative of all the racial stereotypes the show likes to employ.
3. Everybody hates Meg. Who knows why they came up with this idea? Perhaps it’s to symbolise the perpetual issues of the middle child or maybe to detract from the fact that Mila Kunis, multiple winner of “sexiest woman alive”, provides her voice. Either way, we love to hate her too.
4. When the show jumps on the bandwagon of something the whole world is laughing at, like the time Ashlee Simpson was caught miming on SNL. Who would’ve guessed it?
5. The spoofs. MacFarlane is known for throwing in the odd homage or reference in almost every episode; sitcoms, feature films and even plays have been referenced. Perhaps most famously, season six opened with an hour-long Star Wars special titled, “Blue Harvest”.
6. When they called out the show’s haters. Family Guy has been named the “Worst TV Show of the Week” 44 times by the Parents Television Council.
7. They know all of our troubles and woes, especially when it comes to relationships.
8. The show is always on point with its cultural references.
9. The seasonal episodes.
10. Those ongoing jokes that we’re still not sure if we love or hate.
Family Guy will air on ITV2 tonight at 9pm.