8 times Master of None star Aziz Ansari was Master of One-liners
Not only was the relentlessly entrepreneurial social media genius Tom Haverford our favourite character in NBC’s incredible Parks and Recreation, he’s also blown us away at every stand-up show we’ve been lucky enough to attend, and has given us hours of on-demand pleasure with his timeless Netflix live specials.
Now, before you go ahead and binge-watch all 10 x 30 minute episodes of Master of None, allow us to count down eight times when Ansari was in fact Master of One…liners! Honestly, no one does snappy, gif-able gags like this dude.
1. His flawless concept of a submarine themed club:
2. His ability to make light of Jerry/Garry/Larry/Terry/Barry’s heart attack:
3. His on-point deconstruction of every annoying dude who’ll hit on you in a bar.
4. This necessary innovation.
5. The way he just *gets* the ways of our generation.
6. His ability to work his passion for rap and 90s R&B into every walk of life.
8. And, as is demonstrated in Master of None, his ability to summarise everyone’s experiences of modern-day dating.
So let’s toast to Aziz, as no one could be more fitting to write, direct and star in a new sitcom about millennial life in New York.
The full season of Master of None is now available to watch on Netflix.
Check out the trailer here: