14 times Gogglebox was the best show ever
It’s been a long two months since the last series of our go-to Friday night viewing: Gogglebox. Finally returning to our screens tonight is the seventh series of the hit Channel 4 show.
If you’re not familiar with the show’s concept (as if – who isn’t watching this?), it depicts ordinary families from across the UK sitting at home and watching the same TV we watch. Just imagine your typical takeaway night in – shouting at the TV during every game show – and add a few cameras and a sound boom. The outcome is outstanding. Somehow Channel 4 managed to luck out with these “ordinary” families and they’ve ended up as secondary national treasures spouting hilarious, spontaneous reviews of the biggest television shows.
The entire programme could be classed as a “best bits” – really where are the bad bits? However, we’ve gathered together just a handful of some great moments from our favourite couch potato families.
1. When Reverend Kate said what we were all thinking about the new Strictly presenting line up.
2. When the week’s news provided the hilarious content and we just got to laugh along with everyone.
3. When Ellie and Izzie were watching Lady Chatterley’s Lover and proceeded to demonstrate why we love them so much. For clarification, it’s because of all the stupid stuff they say.
4. When Josh Tapper tried and failed to prove his innocence.
5. When resident cheeky girl Carolyne Michael showed off her naughty side.
8. When Stephen and Chris attempted to say the word “physicists”.
9. When Kate and Graham’s dog got so bored of the Reverend blabbering on, he decided to shake things up a bit.
10. When George Gilbey shut down all Doctor Who fans. (N.B. George fans will be pleased to know the Gilbey family are back for the seventh series).
11. When the posh couple were posh.
12. When Sandy and Sandra got a bit of a shock.
13. When the celebs got involved and we found out they’re just like us.
14. When we found out Steph and Dom were closet Directioners.
Gogglebox returns tonight on Channel 4 at 9pm.